Hi I’m Robin (also known as 洛宏, lok3 wang4 in Cantonese or luò hóng in Mandarin) and I’m a full stack Software Engineer.
In early 2017, I was invited to take residence in Hong Kong under the QMAS so I booked a one way ticket and have been here ever since.
I work with companies who either provide a product that I would use myself, have a positive impact on society; or both. My most recent projects and postings have been:
- Palo IT (Lead Tech Consultant) – a boutique IT consulting company
- Lidl Hong Kong – a merchandising workflow management system for a European supermarket chain
- 8 Securities (Senior Engineer) – a zero commission mobile equities and cryptocurrency trading platform
- Grana (Senior Engineer) – an ethical direct-to-consumer fashion e-commerce retailer
- British Airways (Solutions Architect) – research and development, the home page and flight selling flow for “the world’s most admired airline”
My focus is on code quality and reuse as well as continuous improvement of processes so that I have more time to spend on disruptive and interesting applications of technology – the things which provide value. You can find out more about my professional life, and my specific projects and responsibilities, on my LinkedIn page.
I hold a Masters of Engineering degree in Computer Science from the University of Warwick.